By LARRY PHILLIPS
• Leader & Times
Former Kansas State University quarterback and 2012 Heisman Trophy finalist Collin Klein is coming to Liberal.
Pastor Rex Reed of Faith Tabernacle Church announced Wednesday Klein has agreed to come to Liberal and speak during the church’s Super Bowl party on Sunday, Feb. 2.
“We always try to have someone speak at our Super Bowl parties each year, and we’ve had well-known Redskins return home and several retired former professional players from the NFL,” Petty said. “But it’s a real honor, and we’re very fortunate to have a Heisman finalists come to speak to us.”
Faith Tabernacle has traditionally put on a Super Bowl party each year for “at least 20 years or more,” Petty said. The game is usually shown on a 15-feet big screen at the church.
“For this year, because Collin’s going to be here, we’re moving the event to the Ag Building at the fairgrounds,” Petty said. “That way we’ll have much more seating for everyone, and we’ll be showing the game on a bigger, 25-feet screen.”
Klein earned several awards and honors and set numerous records during his time at K-State. Here are some of his accomplishments:
• Heisman Trophy finalist
• 2012 2nd Team All-American (AP)
• 2012 Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award
• 2012 The Kellen Moore Award
• 2012 Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year (AP, Big 12)
• Tied with Ricky Williams for most rushing TDs in a single season by a Big 12 player (27)
• Tied with Ricky Dobbs for most rushing touchdowns in a season by an FBS QB
• Holds K-State single-season record for most rushing yards by a QB
• Holds K-State single-season record for most rushing TDs
• 2011 All-Big 12 Honorable Mention
• 2011 All-American Honorable Mention by Sports Illustrated, and;
• Was on the cover of Sports Illustrated Nov. 19, 2012.
Not only will Klein be the guest speaker during halftime, Petty said Klein will also be signing autographs for those who attend.
Doors to the Ag Building will open at 5 p.m. Feb. 2, and the game kicks off at 5:20. Refreshments will be served and there is no cost to attend.
Children younger than 13 need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Today I want say to you in the form in which it was required to come has already been given viagra for sale is a identity option of each person buy viagra must realize every human without aid.