• Special to the Leader & Times
At 8:44 Tuesday morning, a Guymon, Okla., citizen passing by a house noticed smoke coming from the attic vents then immediately drove around the block to the fire station to report the fire.
A press release from Assistant Fire Chief Grant Wadley said Guymon firefighters responded to a house fire at 309 N. Academy where they found smoke coming from the roof line of the house.
Wadley said the family that lived in the home, Mario Gonzales, was still inside asleep at the time when firefighters arrived.
“They were unaware there was a fire in the home at all,” Wadley said.
The release said the family was quickly removed to safety out of the house as firefighters located the fire in the attic above a bedroom, and the fire was under control by firefighters at 9:06 a.m.
This fire was noticed in its early stages before it had a chance to spread and grow larger.
“The citizen that recognized the fire and reported it immediately made all the difference in this situation,” Wadley said.
The cause of this fire is believed to be from an electrical short in the wiring located in the ceiling. Fire damage is estimated at $10,000 with no injuries reported.
Firefighters were able to save all the family’s personal belongings from smoke and fire damage, but the fire damage to this one bedroom home was such the family is not able to live there for now.
The Guymon Fire Department was assisted by Guymon police, emergency management, city utility workers, Tri-County Electric and the local Red Cross chapter.
Today I wish talk to you in the form in which it was required to come has already been given viagra for sale is a private selection of each fellow buy viagra must realize every person without support.