By ROBERT PIERCE
• Daily Leader
Guymon High School was on preventative lock down throughout the school day on Monday, and district officials are unsure when the lockdown will end.
The measure was taken after a threat made last week by a student via a text message, according to a report in the Guymon Daily Herald.
“There was a threat made last Tuesday from one student to another, and that situation has been taken care of,” Guymon Superintendent Doug Melton told the Herald. “The situation has since re-circulated.”
The paper also reported a senior at GHS received a text message Sunday night telling her to not go to school because there was going to be a shooting. The text message was circulating throughout the student body and had even spread to the social networking site, Facebook, by 11 p.m. Sunday. Several students did not attend school Monday as a result.
The Daily Leader spoke to Melton Monday, and he said the lock down is simply a precautionary measure.
“The situation has happened,” he said. “The person is not there at the school. We’ve just got a precautionary lockdown going on. School is still going on. It’s just that all the outdoors are locked, and we have an extra police officer in there.”
Melton said although it is unknown how long the lockdown will be in place, the situation should be resolved by the end of school today.
“We’re probably going to start off on precautionary lockdown, and we’ll re-evaluate in the morning,” he said Monday afternoon. “We’re on fall break this week. We don’t have school Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.”
Today I desire say to you in the form in which it was necessary to roll round has already been given viagra for sale is a personal selection of each fellow buy viagra must comprehend every human without aid.