Crews work in early October on the new drive-thru pharmacy at Dillon’s in north Liberal. The newly remodeled store will host a grand opening Friday. L&T file photo/Robert Pierce
Celebration set for newly renovated Dillons in Liberal
• L&T staff report
The renovation work is complete – time to celebrate. And that’s just what the team from Dillons at 1417 N. Kansas Ave. has planned for its grand re-opening on Friday.
The completion of this store-wide renovation is the latest investment in Western Kansas with recent remodels in Dodge City, Garden City and Larned.
“For us, the anticipation of our grand re-opening has been building for quite some time, and we are ready in every way possible,” said Mendy Wyckoff, store manager. “Dillons has been a part of Liberal for years and we are so proud to share such a beautiful new store with our neighbors.”
The festivities will feature product sampling throughout the store and a visit from Santa from 2 to 5 p.m. Friday. As an added bonus, customers will also enjoy double fuel points on grocery purchases and quadruple fuel points on gift cards from hundreds of retailers, restaurants, and online stores from Friday through Sunday. Complete details are available at the store.
Wyckoff is prepared to lead a team of 150 employees with Richard Gonzales and Eric Gordon serving as assistant store managers. Together, the team with newly hired employees, along with the friendly faces of the store’s existing staff will welcome customers to experience the newly renovated Dillons.
The newly renovated store has a fresh look with new décor featuring vibrant colors, and department markers, and polished concrete flooring. A few examples of new favorites include:
• New offerings of natural and organic foods at Nature’s Market
• Additional selections of garden-fresh fruits and vegetables, including new organic varieties
• New Dillons Pharmacy with private counsel room, updated waiting area, and new drive-thru window for added convenience
• New full-service meat and seafood departments with expanded selections of the highest quality and freshness
• New conveniences at Guest Care and Dillons Money Services with check cashing, money orders, Western Union and iWireless pre-paid phones
• Expanded dairy and frozen food selections with a focus on quality store brands
• Expanded and new lines for baby and toddler care needs
• Upgraded restroom facilities
“Thanks to our renovation, we have new options for the freshest products and a continued commitment to offer the friendliest service in town,” Wyckoff said. “Overall, we have heard such great things from our customers. They are most excited to see our new selections of natural and organic foods, our new pharmacy drive thru window and all the fresh fruits and vegetables in our expanded produce department. We invite all our neighbors to experience their all-new Dillons in Liberal.”